WHAT IS ROW80?
A Round of Words in 80 Days is the writing challenge that knows you have a life.
Set challenges for yourself, write them up and post updates every Sunday and Wednesday. Add your link to the ROW80 Facebook page or the Linky here.
So here’s the skinny:
- We have 4 rounds a year, each running 80 days.
- Your goal can be anything you like as long as it is measurable (e.g. number of words/pages, specified amount of time to spend on writing per day/week, number of pages edited, etc.
- Once you have settled on a goal, you write it up on your blog and link to it on the Goals Post at the beginning of each Round.
- If your goal changes before the end of the 80 days, simply write up a new goals post and link to it on the latest check-in day post here on our blog or in our Facebook Group.
- Check-ins are twice a week on Wednesday and Sundays. Write up a blog post of your progress and link to it on that day’s Post.
- On Twitter we use a hashtag of #ROW80 if you wanna come hang out; feel free to host sprints, share links. See the next point…
- If you happen to find us after a round has begun, just write up your goals post and hop on in whenever. We’re a friendly bunch.
- Be sure to grab the ROW80 badge from the sidebar on the ROW80 Blog (right click, save image location, then chuck it in your blog’s image widget or grab some basic image html and use a text widget).
I got lots of work in on my short story this week. I wrote and rewrote the same story three times!
In the first, I realized it needed more ‘story’. There wasn’t enough background.
In the second, I added more story, but it made the characters kind of unlikeable. Not my intention! This is supposed to be a humorous story!
The third rewrite came out much better. It seems to have more ‘flow’ to it and the characters more likeable. I got some good feedback from my husband and The Geeky Book Lady.
Now, I’m waiting on more feedback from my friends in my Writers Group. We are working on an anthology of humorous short stories, with the proceeds going to support the library where we meet.
I also got some novel edits in, 500 words or so. I changed a few things in the edits I had already made in the same chapter, and I was much happier with how it flowed.
I got a couple of hours of painting in on Friday. It’s a start, at least!
Here’s the reference photo, as you can see, I still have a fair bit of work to do.
I made it to one yoga class this week. Considering that I’d missed class for two weeks in a row, I am going to pat myself on the back for that!
I switched my blog over from being self-hosted to WordPress.com. It wasn’t too challenging, moving my followers over had to be done by the Happiness Experts at WordPress, but other than that it went pretty well.
I have a bit of work to do to get a few more features back up and running, but for the most part it seems to be working well. Phew!
How about you? Did you reach your goals?
Have a wonderful week and thanks so much for stopping by!