First, a great big thank you to Destiny at Howling Libraries for nominating me for this award! I’m a little slow getting around to it, but here goes!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Questions that Destiny had for me:
- When did you start to enjoy reading?
I can remember sitting on my sofa, (that old brown ugly one in the pictures!) and reading Dr. Seuss books. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish comes to mind.
Later on, I spent hours and hours reading The Wonders of Nature. I thought it was the biggest book ever, with lots of pictures of animals, some of which I’d never heard of and little descriptions about them. Later I would use that book for drawing references,
2. What are your favorite and LEAST favorite aspects of blogging?
I really enjoy when a post comes together. Sometimes the words just seem to flow, I know the content is good and it’s aesthetically pleasing, with lots of great pictures.
I enjoy doing my Daily Walks and sharing photos. The Friday 56 and Book Beginnings is fun, too. It gives a good taste of what the book is like and how it reads.
My least favourite? That would have to be when self-hosting goes wrong and WordPress goes all wonky! lol Usually its a mistake that I made but sometimes it’s a plug-in problem. It can be very frustrating trying to sort it out!
3. What genre of music do you hate?
Grind, hardcore punk, extreme metal, industrial and noise rock.
4. If you could make any mythical creature real, what would it be and why?
I was going to say dragon, but that might get a bit dangerous, so I’ll go with a unicorn instead. They’re beautiful! Why not?
5. What movie have you seen the most times?
Harry Potter or possibly Star Wars.
6. What book character is your twin?
Claire Fraser from Outlander. She and I love medicine, we’re stubborn as hell,and were both married to a Scots.
7. What book/series would you make everyone read if you could?
8. What is your favorite gaming console? (You can’t say PC!)
My son is always trying to get me to play PS4 or XBox. Not happening, kiddo. I can’t work dem buttons!
9. What percentage of your personal library is composed of ebooks?
Maybe 20% or so.
10. What is your favorite creative outlet?
Painting. I painted using watercolour for twenty years or so and in the past five switched over to acrylic just to change things up a bit.
I also love to write, it’s more of a challenge than painting, so it is less relaxing for me.
11. What is a series you won’t finish?
Will anybody ever finish the Game of Thrones series?
Okay! So here are my 11 questions for my nominees!
- What’s your favourite genre to read?
- What other hobbies do you like to do besides reading and blogging?
- What is your ideal vacation?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is the last movie you saw? Did you like it?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is the best book you’ve read in 2017? What is the worst?
- What book character is your twin?
- Do you prefer to swim in a pool or the ocean?
- What is your favourite genre of music? Favourite musician/band?
- Do you prefer the country or the city?